Opportunities available at Turner Valley School:
- Grades K-5 participate in music.
- The school has a Grade 3-5 choir.
- Students in grades 3-5 learn recorder.
- Grade 6 students are part of the High Country Band.
- Students get to try various band instruments: flute, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, baratone.
- Students participate with all High Country Schools for band concerts at Oilfields High School.
(Millarville, TV, CIM, Longview)
- Students in Grades 3-6 students are invited to participate in a major theater production.
- This is typically a junior high level musical theater production.
- All students get daily PE class.
- Grade 6 students compete with other Grade 6 students in the Foothills Division in Flag Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Cross Country and Track and Field.
- Program for students in grade 5 & 6.
- Outdoor Ed trips include hiking, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, ski/snowboard trip to Canada Olympic Park.
- Grade 5/6 students have overnight camping trip at Sandy McNabb in September.
- Grade 5/6 students have a 3 day camping trip in May to Alford Lake and learn about:
- Gun safety, conservation, wildlife identification, survival skills etc.
- National Archery in School Program (NASP) offered to students in grade 4-6
- Grade 6 students compete in provincials/nationals.
T.R.I.P – Tiger Reading Improvement Program
- This is a locally developed literacy program that received provincial recognition at the Alberta Teachers Association
- All students are assessed on literacy levels to determine specific needs
- Students are grouped into specific learning areas to target specific need
M.A.R.T.I. – Math….Math Response To Intervention
- This is a locally developed math program (based on T.R.I.P).
- Students math needs accessed and targeted learning addresses the students’ needs.